Friday 11 May 2012

My First Blog

Hello hello

So, I have finally gotten around to starting up my own Blog. I have been encouraged to do this for some time now but have always felt "why me?" what have I got to say that is so great?

I am a recent University graduate trying to make a path for myself in the arts industry during a double-dip recession? What's with that? Who's idea was that? Oh yeah hang on...

So after being basically unemployed for the past while, offering my services on a voluntary basis hoping to get some form of experience, I stumbled upon an opportunity to do some citizen reporting for the Olympic Torch relay around Scotland.

Working through media organisation #CitizenRelay, I want to hear about the Olympic Games from the voices of the community. My quest is to find out what local communities have planned for the torch relay as it makes its historic journey through Scotland. I want to know how involved people in Scotland feel toward the Olympic Games?

Basically I want to hear the communities' voices telling me what the Olympics means to them, and in turn might just find out what it means to me.


Here's me holding the Olympic Torch last year. Very exciting moment!


So thanks for reading my very first blog. I might realise eventually that I was right, I don't have anything worthwhile to say. But I'm going to give it a good go anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment